Location: Amherstburg, ON
Compensation: $22-23.50/hour + immediate benefits (over time after 44 hours Monday to Friday; but after 40 hours if a Saturday); 5% RRSP contribution after one (1) year of successful employment
Pertinent Details: Direct Hire full time career opportunity with a unionized production manufacturing facility. Steady 12:00 p.m – 8:00 p.m shift. Must be able to rotate shifts in future.
Supervises all aspects of production shift, including manpower and production efficiency.
- Daily shift responsibilities including manpower lineups:
- Operator – assign area
- Material Handler – presses and assembly running and down
- Ensure all operators assigned to workstations have been training
- Unplanned absenteeism coverage, overtime management and tracking, administrative responsibilities, vacation, payroll etc.
- Ensure associates are following all applicable systems, policies, and work instructions
- Assist with training for new operators and/or new programs
- Verification of job cycle times, scrap control and downtime reduction
- Production floor housekeeping & 5S activities
- Incident / Accident Investigations & follow-up
- Backup for Production Supervisor during vacations
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Two-year (or higher) technical or business degree or equivalent work experience
- A manufacturing and production background is preferred.
- Above-average Microsoft Office skills