$65,000 – $70,000/year + benefits + RRSP.
Pertinent Information: Full-time, direct hire position with a well established manufacturing facility in the Chatham-Kent area. Key success factors for this position include an analytic and problem-solving mind, attention to detail, competence with spreadsheets, a strong aptitude for working with complex systems, and strong people and communication skills.
Wage: $65,000 – $70,000/year + benefits + RRSP.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting with internal management reporting, analysis, and month-end reports. The successful candidates will perform accounting operations including the review of journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
Responsibilities to include the following, but not limited to:
- Participating and supporting budgeting and forecasting.
- Responsible for all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes, and procedures.
- Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Preparing cashflow statement, monthly management reports.
- Other related duties when required or assigned.
- Degree in Accounting
- Completed CPA or working towards professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum two (2) years auditing experience
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records, pension, profit sharing, and the like is essential
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines