$30.50/hr + hourly incentive ranging from an extra $14-25/hr. This incentive is paid out on a weekly basis, on every hour worked. Incentive fluctuates week to week but generally brings the hourly range closer to $50/hr+.
Pertinent Information: Full-time, steady day shift.
- Work safely following WHMIS & workplace safety practices set forth by Company policy & OHSA
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, overhaul, maintain and test mobile heavy-duty equipment.
- Work on off-road heavy equipment such as Taylor lift trucks, Hoist lift trucks, Paling Transporter, shunt trucks, forklifts and various components like engines, transmissions, brake systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems found in our heavy equipment
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists, cranes and hand tools
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Initiate and complete relevant work orders
- Must be either a Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Technician, (421A), or Certified Truck & Coach Technician, (310T)
- 421A preferred, will consider 310T based on experience
- Ability to stand and walk for extended period of time, shifts 8-12 hours
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull
- Able to reach in all directions
- Ability to lift over 50lbs
- Other physical requirements as needed.