Pertinent Information: Full-time direct hire position with local manufacturer. Company operates two shifts. Unionized environment. Full details to be provided at time of interview.
Wage: $65,000 – $70,000/year. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Location: Lakeshore, ON.
Reporting directly to the HR Manager, the HR Generalist is responsible for administering a full range of employee related services in the area of Human Resources. Responsibilities to include the following, but not limited to:
- Assisting in planning and implementation of company employee relations programs and activities
- Providing counsel to employees on straight forward employee related issues pertaining to company charter, Employee Handbook Interpretation and Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Following up on employee concerns in a timely manner
- Assisting Job Postings and all related Manpower changes
- Working closely with the Production and Union on Manpower issues and Canvassing.
- Liaison will payroll administrators.
- Preparing reports as required as well as policies, procedures, and relevant controlled documents
- Assisting in testing and orientation of new employees
- Addressing and resolving employee relation matters to ensure a timely resolution
- Ensuring communication between the HR and other departments is timely and complete
- Assisting in the Annual Employee Opinion Survey
- Assisting in supporting IATF audits and other audits
- Maintaining Employees Database and employee filing system
- Actively participating in all Magna HR related initiatives and projects
- Any other duties as assigned
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a Human Resources Department
- Designation in Human Resources (CHRL) is an asset
- Must have experience working within a unionized environment
- Computer savvy – experience with Microsoft Word, Excel is required
- Ability to analyze and solve issues and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret and apply Company policies to related events is mandatory
- Must be a high energy results oriented individual
- Must have strong customer focus and be able to effectively and quickly build relationships
- Must be results/focused driven and have the ability to decipher information d develop concise and clear solutions
- Excellent communication skills needed to effectively correspond with all employees