$65,000 - $70,000 + 3 weeks vacation. Immediate benefits. Pension match starting January 2023.
Pertinent Information: Direct hire position. Full -time, steady days.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for the execution of an efficient and effective procurement process and plays a key role in leading the optimization of purchasing activities with manufacturing and other departments to acquire raw materials, components, equipment, and services in a cost effective and timely manner.
The Procurement Specialist provides purchasing solutions at the lowest cost, recommending cost saving proposals and alignment with business guidelines while maintaining knowledge of the company’s global sourcing contracts, relationships, policies, and processes
Responsibilities to include the following, but not limited to:
- Organizing purchasing for bulk buys of commodities and play a significant role in the execution of buying
- Negotiating purchase agreements for all commodities;
- Conducting market place analysis to identify purchasing opportunities;
- Sourcing and approving new suppliers and ingredients using HACCP approved process;
- Managing inventory levels to optimize purchasing performance and working capital;
- Establishing strong relationship with vendors to develop profitable business opportunities;
- Collaborating with finance / logistics / operations / quality to understand requirements and to ensure procurement strategy is well aligned to common goals;
- Degree/diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain, etc
- Minimum five (5) years purchasing experience within a manufacturing / production environment
- Proven problem solving and leadership skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated success in process management and/or CI methodology
- Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously.