Pertinent Information: Full-time, direct hire position. Steady days, Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
Wage: $19.00/hr – $22.00/hr. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Location: Windsor, ON.
The Quality Auditor will be responsible for testing of product as an audit on company processes. This will also include preparing product certification reports, analyses and interpreting results, compiling information and reporting quality information for management meetings.
Responsibilities to include the following, but not limited to:
- Inspecting, testing and recording specification and quality requirements as required, through use of forms and/or work order completion.
- Documenting customer, internal and supplier discrepancies in the database.
- Working from engineering documents and technical specification which determine acceptance and rejection.
- Processing all sample submissions; i.e., PPAP, in a timely manner.
- Performing Lab Testing and operating test equipment to standards and per documented instructions as required.
- Compiling and analyzing test data into report form, and proposing recommendations based upon results.
- MS/NAS inspection/certification testing.
- Performing gage calibration. Ensuring integrity of gage calibration database.
- Initiating supply requisitions and ensuring all lab supply levels are adequate to support the lab activities.
- Creating packages and signing all certificates of conformance/compliance.
- Customer contact for technical information or complaints. Must be accurate and responsive to all customer inquiries.
- Verifying the Corrective Action responses as assigned by QA Engineer or Manager.
- When assigned, responsible for conducting testing and containment of product relating to corrective action requests. Containment must be accurate and complete.
- Executing Gage R&R studies.
- Conducting Preventative Maintenance activities per documented instructions for laboratory equipment. Ensuring all equipment and laboratory work areas are clean, organized and maintained in good operating condition.
- Entering information into IMDS and/or AIAG Compliance Connect spreadsheet (or other customer prescribed format to comply with Automotive ELV (End-of-life vehicle) reporting requirements.
- Coordinating capability studies and compiles results of such studies for submission to Quality Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two (2) years quality or quality related experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form on a daily basis with any and all related personnel, departments and customers accurately.
- Familiarity with basic testing, measuring equipment, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and problem solving techniques; (i.e., 8D).
- ASQ-CMI Certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of excel software.