Pertinent Information: Full-time position. Must be able to work all three shifts, days, afternoons and midnights.
Location: Amherstburg, ON
The Quality Auditor is responsible for performing in-process and final audits and testing that requires a thorough knowledge of automotive manufacturing procedures, testing requirements and practices. Primary responsibility is to perform audits and tests on product to ensure requirements are met.
Responsibilities to include the following, but not limited to:
- Perform in-process and final inspections and testing per requirements.
- Perform SPC inspections where required by the control plan.
- Ensure production associates are following the processes outlined in all work instructions.
- Monitor all other set-up and process related checklist at the work station, report all deviations.
- Maintain and control all non-conforming material, boundary samples etc.
- Conduct First and Last part acceptance approvals, mold changes, and re-starts as required.
- Oversee coordination of sorting, safe launch, and GP-12 inspection and proper documentation thereof when required.
- Perform random final audits on finished goods per control plan.
- Perform capability and gauge R&R studies when required.
- Responsible for part quality and determination of part acceptance for all parts produced on their shifts.
- Assist in the coordination of internal sorting for non-conformances from internal, external and in-coming non-conformance conditions.
- Participate in quality call appeals when required.
- Immediate notification to Quality Manager of product non-conformances.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Post-secondary education a definite asset
- Above-average Microsoft Office skills – strong Excel
- Must have Quality Auditing / Assurance experience
- Manufacturing experience required
- Plastics experience