$75-85K (negotiable) plus structured bonus/incentive plan (up to 15% of base), company double match pension plan, comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation,PTO (11 days) and holiday package, employee assistance programs and tuition subsidies.
Pertinent Details: Direct Hire full time career opportunities, with a global, growing, reputable and highly respected manufacturing facility. One role is for Canadian Division and one is for the US Division. Both will work out of the Canadian HQ located in Windsor, ON. A very robust training plan is in place for the successful candidates.
Travel Requirements: Some requirements for travel – but not extensive
US Sales Role – will travel mainly to Michigan and would be a few days at a time
Canadian Sales Role – could be all of Canada but not as travel focused
The Sales Application Engineer will create demand and drive new business (revenue and unit volume) growth in a well-defined area. The candidate will need to develop strong relationships at both the engineering (product development) and commercial (purchasing) levels.
- Generate new business within defined market, channel, products and geography to meet business goals
- Use strong technical aptitude and solution selling skills to identify and engage with new customers
- Create and execute strategies to penetrate target companies with specific product groups
- Understand nuances of company’s target markets and be recognized as an expert
- Have a strong technical understanding of product offering and manufacturing capabilities
- Exhibit strong project management skills and entrepreneurial approaches to overcome barriers to successfully sell to new customers and close new opportunities
- Continuously identify potential new applications, customers, and/or markets.
- Perform extensive one-on-one marketing
- Selling/presentations at the engineering, purchasing, quality and production management levels
- Become a value-added engineering resource to the engineering personnel within organization and the customer
- Work with peers and Customer Service as a team to develop strong business relationships with customers
- Present in or attend trade shows as appropriate
- Engineering Degree, Technical degree or Business/Marketing degree or diploma
- Five (5) years plus in Sales of some capacity, preferably manufacturing or technical
- Strong Technical Aptitude
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Customer and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong persuasion and selling skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to travel – must possess a passport