Location: Amherstburg, ON
Compensation: Hourly rate – $27-28.00/hour + immediate benefits (over time after 44 hours Monday to Friday; but after 40 hours if a Saturday)
Pertinent Details: Direct Hire full time career opportunity with a unionized production manufacturing facility. Must be able to work swing shift.
Reporting to the Materials, Planning and Logistics Manager, duties will include:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on customer release processes and systems, including all customer portals and internal ERP system
- Daily review of customer releases; accurate and prompt response to customer release promises
- Ensure that correct and adequate inventory levels of materials are maintained in order to meet production demands
- Confers with production supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes affecting production requirements
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date inventory on finished goods
- Circulate shipping schedules and communicate releases with management and other personnel as directed.
- Communicate with customers on release conflicts and schedule changes
- Coordinate and communicate material and shipping requirements to the appropriate personnel
- Ensure all customer shipping processes are followed, labels are applied properly, loads are staged, scanned and loaded appropriate
- Work on disputes with customers when required
- Leadership, training and mentoring of new employees in the shipping department, new customers and/or new processes. Audit on a daily basis to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Interact with truck drivers and ensure that all internal safety requirements are followed
- Other duties and tasks as assigned or required.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous shipping experience in a production / automotive facility is required
- Supervision experience is a major asset
- Experience with Toyota, Ford and GM recommended
- Proficiency in computer software necessary