$90-95K + 10% bonus (based on production), plus a comprehensive benefit package, 401K plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and eligibility for tuition assistance program.
Pertinent Details: Directly responsible for managing a 450,00 square foot facility (fully automated inventory system) and a more traditional and smaller warehouse, with a total of 20-30 direct reports between the two (2) facilitates. Will be a steady day shift.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and directly responsible for 20-30 associates in the Shipping department, this experienced team leader directs the day-to-day activities of the Warehouse in the following capacities:
- Hire, train and develop a team through coaching and mentoring. Set performance parameters, assess and monitor performance of team, and conduct performance reviews
- Ensure work is done in accordance with established safety regulations, legal regulations, quality standards and in compliance with Company procedures. Maintain warehouse operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure monthly forecast goals are met or exceeded
- Monitor, manage and coordinate with the automated warehouse team to ensure metrics are achieved
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with data storage systems.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning & implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Continue to look for ways through automation to improve process flow and safety
- Ensure customer and quality standards are met at time of shipment
- Implement warehouse projects and action plans to achieve production and shipping goals
- Report any process and equipment problems
- Communicate and coordinate sales and traffic issues to generate improved performance
- Monitor and direct cycle counts to maintain correct inventory
- Perform inventory control functions to maintain balance in aged and stocked material
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in manufacturing environment and three (3) – five (5) years of previous experience in an automated distribution environment preferred
- High volume trucking and some rail experience is preferred
- An associates degree is preferred
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex business problems and identify priorities
- Ability to deal with drivers
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional communication skills for problem solving within all levels of the organization
- Well organized, detailed orientated, with the ability to handle all tasks with sense of urgency
- SAP and MS Excel proficiency is necessary